Garjiya Tourist Zone is a very popular area of the spectacular Corbett Tiger Reserve. This zone is enriched with a huge number of floral and faunal species. Birjani gives a tough competition to Dhikala zone while the tourist’s preferences are concerned. The zone is known for its wonderful landscape and is very calm and quite place. The beauty of this place is appreciated by all the visitors. This is one of the most tiger rich areas of the park.Birjani consists of a mixed topography with dense Sal forests combined with grasslands.
Important notes about safari :
- Day visit to all zones are strictly regulated and only a limited number of vehicles are permitted entry during each morning and afternoon.
- Permits for day visits to the sonanadi ecotourism zone can be obtained from the visitor reception center at Kotdwar.
- Permits for day visits to other zones are available online on our official website.
- Visitors are advised to acquaint themselves with gate timings and arrive well before the designated time to avoid any inconvenience.
- Private vehicles are not allowed entry for tourism purposes and visitors use specially designed vehicles registered with CTR for their visits. Day visits to the Dhikala ecotourism Zone are only permitted by specially conducted buses.
- Visitors can also enjoy elephant rides at Bijrani and Dhikala ecotourism Zone.
- Canteen facilities are available at Dhikala, Bijrani and Gairal. At other locations, kitchen facility is provided.